PETER@MANTOS.COM • (505) 280-5588 • P.O. BOX 92454 ALBUQUERQUE, NM USA 87199
IT EXECUTIVE• CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER (CIO)•SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Information technology (I.T.) manager and software developer current in best business practices and personally skilled in legacy, current, and emerging technologies and methodologies. Over twenty years of technical and managerial positions in global corporations and small businesses. Graduate degrees in business management and in computer science. Exceptional communication skills. Dedicated to bringing world-class I.T. and management practices to organizations of all sizes.
President/Consultant, Mantos Consulting, Inc. August 1988 – Present
Mantos Consulting, Inc., Albuquerque, New Mexico
• Trusted advisor and CIO to small business owners and their I.T. managers and workers
• Strategic Management, Project management, and Quality Management
• Software development: typically for web applications, mobile apps, and integration
• Infrastructure, architecture, database, and software design
• Procurement and liaison of third party IT software, hardware, and service vendors
• Day to day operations of a small I.T. consultancy with multiple employees.
Industries served include semiconductor manufacturing, law practices, medical specialty practices, reference labs, not for profit organizations, dental staffing, real estate brokerages, oil & gas, warehousing and logistics, and others.
Sort 9/11 Automation Group Leader (and other positions) March 1990 – August 1998
Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, CA (most work performed in Rio Rancho, NM)
• Year 2000 Program Coordinator, trained by Project Management Institute
• Sort 9/11 Automation Group Leader
• Direct supervision of staff of 7-12 I.T. professionals
• Member of Automation SCS responsible for 5-year automation roadmap
• Member of Rio Rancho Site Computing Council
• Member of Factory Finance committee negotiating shared budget for Sort 9/11
Various positions of increasing technical and managerial responsibility ranging from contract programming using formal software development methods to leading an automation group.
• Master of Science in Computer Science, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 1993.
• MBA Finance, Robert O. Anderson Graduate School at UNM, Albuquerque NM, 1992.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of New Mexico, 1986
ASSOCIATIONS and MEMBERSHIPS
• Association for Computing Machinery & Quality New Mexico
- Windows Clients
- Windows Servers (2012 Hyper-V, SharePoint / Exchange)
- WAMP & LAMP
- IIS (ASP)
- Microsoft Visual Studio (.Net)
- Microsoft VBA
- ZEND Studio
- Agile Development
- Eclipse (Android)
- PHP (and Perl)
- Ruby (on Rails)
- Command Scripts
- Object Oriented Languages (ADA, C++, C#, & Java)
- Parallel and Distributed Programming
- Artificial Intelligence (LISP)
- Legacy (COBOL, FORTRAN, PASCAL)
- Microsoft Access