WordPress websites can easily be enhanced with valuable information that is typically locked in back-office information systems.
- makes the web site more valuable to existing customers,
- makes doing business with the organization more attractive to existing and potential customers, and
- facilitates communication with employees.
The biggest barriers to integrating the back office with the website are already addressed by WordPress, which has the built-in ability
- to control access (user / password login),
- to hold data (in an existing MySql database),
- and run programs (written in PHP)
The presentation below shows some techniques and examples of how WordPress sites can be augmented to capture, display, and maintain information from other sources or to make data captured on the website available to the home office systems.
Acknowledgements recorded using the "Read and Understood"(RnU) Plugin.